Dear Parents and Students,
As each day goes by we all continue to share concerns about the coronavirus. At Christ the King we are taking all necessary steps to protect our students and faculty. This week we worked on a plan to assure that our students will be able to continue with their work if it becomes necessary to close the school. As stated before we are following the directives of New York State and New York City.
Our plan is to provide students with work online. This is a practice that is not new to our students. Students do this regularly to see their assignments and complete their work. They are totally familiar with Google Classroom and\or Homelogic. To be sure that the students have the necessary tools at home, we did a survey of the students' access to the internet and devices that they have at home to do their work.
The students will be able to find their assignments on either Google Classroom or Homelogic.
Teachers who use Homelogic for assignments will direct the students on the way their work will be submitted. Google Classroom assignments can be submitted into Google Classroom.
Assignments will be updated as needed. All work will be assessed by the teachers and the appropriate credit will be given.
More additional Information...
- Parents and students need to check their emails regularly.
- Freshmen and Sophomores should bring their Chromebooks home every night and bring them back to school every day.
- All school trips are canceled,
- All necessary precautions are being taken within the building and will be monitored.
- Students who may be traveling outside of the United States for Easter should notify the Nurse. Please be aware of the President's directive on the limitation on return to the United States from international destinations.
Please feel free to contact me, if you have any questions. Below are some links of websites and articles that may be helpful.
Please be assured that I will let you know if anything changes.
May we all stay healthy!
Miss Geri Martinez
Christ the King High School
County Health Officials of New York (NYS County Health Department Contact Information & Websites)