St. Joseph College
Looking to get an edge before college? The St. Joseph's College Experience program offers high school students the opportunity to take college-level courses.
Make the most of your time in high school by getting ready for college now! The College Experience program at St. Joseph’s College (SJC) provides college-bound students with an immersive learning experience.
Students that enroll in this program receive a unique, affordable opportunity to earn college credits at one of the lowest rates in NYC and learn what awaits them following graduation.
The SJC Experience offers qualified high school seniors a chance to earn three college credits by taking a college course from the St. Joseph's Course Catalog.
Classes are taught on the campus in Clinton Hill.
In the 2020 - 2021 academic school year, because of social distancing concerns, St. Joseph's College is offering the courses remotely, via Zoom. St. Joseph's will return to offering courses on their campus next year.
Each section will be limited to a maximum of fifteen students to ensure the individual attention that makes the St. Joseph’s College education so distinctive and valuable.
This semester, St. Joseph's is offering two courses to qualifying seniors:
BIO 110:Topics in Biology--Saturdays from 9am to 1pm, starting October 10th
COM 150: Intro to Computer Programming--Tuesdays from 4pm to 7pm, starting October 13th
The courses are open to seniors with at least an 83 (3.0, B) GPA who have the maturity and study skills necessary to succeed in an introductory-level college course.
Tuition is $300 plus the cost of books.
More information about these courses as well as previous offerings is available on the St. Joseph's College website.
Students who register for the St. Joseph's College Experience Program will be approved by Christ the King High School before they are accepted into the program.
High school students who do not meet the qualifications will not be accepted to the program.
ST. JOSEPH'S COLLEGE BRIDGE PROGRAM
The St. Joseph's College Bridge Program provides an opportunity to qualifying high school students to earn 6 college credits.
Christ the King students must meet the following criteria to be accepted into the program:
- The student must be enrolled in one or more of the following college level courses for the 2020 - 2021 school year:
AP United States History
- Must be a junior or senior in high school.
- Qualifying CK students must also agree to register for boththe Fall and Spring Semesters.
St. Joseph's College Bridge Program benefits:
- Qualifying students earn St. Joseph's College credits at the DEEPLY DISCOUNTED TUITION of $180.00per course / per semester.
- Qualifying students receive a ST. JOSEPH'S COLLEGE TRANSCRIPT for all courses taken as part of the college bridge program.
- The program may help REDUCE LONG-TERM COLLEGE EDUCATION COSTS, as well as serve as an assessment of a student’s ability to handle college level class work.
- Credit is often TRANSFERABLE to other institutions.
Qualifying students will receive additional registration information and instructions from their subject teacher.