ALL CLOTHING MUST BE NEAT AND CLEAN. STUDENTS MUST BE IN COMPLETE DRESS CODE WHEN
ARRIVING AT SCHOOL AND LEAVING FOR THE SCHOOL DAY.
The school will make all final judgments in terms of the appropriateness of a student's attire and
Personal appearance is a matter of concern to both parents and the school authorities. Good
habits in regard to a person's mode of attire, hygiene, and grooming develop self-respect and good taste in an individual. The Dress Code Regulations must be adhered to by all students.
- SHIRTS: The boys shirt must be tucked in completely. Shirt colors are based on grade level, each
level having its own respective color and must be worn by all students in that grade.
- SKIRTS: Skirts must be worn at a modest length. Skirts may NOT be altered to make them shorter.
Stockings, tights, or socks reflecting an appropriate style must be worn at all times by ladies wearing skirts.
- SHOES: All students must wear uniform shoes . Shoes must be worn properly and laces must be tied.
- SWEATSHIRTS: Only CK sweatshirts (without hoods) and the blue CK fleece are permitted to be worn. No hooded sweatshirts may be worn over the school shirt during the school day. All other sweaters, sweatshirts, and jackets are prohibited.
- PANTS: Pants must be worn at the waist with a belt. The hem or bottom of the pants legs must extend no further than the top of the shoe and should not be rolled or hemmed shorter in length. No oversized pants are permitted. Pants are fitted by the vendor and may NOT be altered to make them
tighter or “form fitting.” If the uniform is altered without prior approval from school officials, parents will be required to purchase a new one from the vendor.
-Gym Uniform- Students must wear gym shirt with gym shorts/sweatpants issued by authorized uniform vendor. Students must wear sneakers to participate in gym.
Flynn & O’Hara and Da-Bar Too Shoes are the authorized uniform vendors for
Christ the King High School.
Items must be purchased from these companies.
The vendor will supply appropriate sized clothes. Uniforms are
measured to fit comfortably and may not be altered.
Hairstyles must be appropriate to the professional school atmosphere.
- Hair must be neat and well groomed. Sculptured hair designs are not acceptable, such as, mohawks, faux-hawks, severely shaved styles or extremes.
- Hair dyed an unnatural color is not permitted.
- Facial hair must be neatly trimmed.
- Male students’ hair must be above the shirt collar and must be closely cropped.
- Excessive height in a student’s hair is prohibited as it can impede on other students’ view in the classroom.
- Male students may not have a ponytail.
- No facial piercings are permitted.
- Earrings may not measure more than 1 inch in size
- HATS: No hats, caps, headbands, or other head coverings may be worn on school property before
or after school.
Students and parents cannot debate the decision
PENALTIES FOR DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS
- Students who violate the dress code may be given a demerit or sent home. A student sent home will
be marked as absent from school.
- Repeated infractions will result in detention and/or suspension and further disciplinary actions.