All Clothing Must Be Neat and clean. Students must be in complete dress code when arriving at school and leaving for the school day.
The school will make all final judgments in terms of the appropriateness of a student's attire and appearance.
Personal appearance is a matter of concern to both parents and the school authorities. Good habits in regard to a person's mode of attire, hygiene, and grooming develop self-respect and good taste in an individual. The Dress Code Regulations must be adhered to by all students.
SHIRTS: The boys shirt must be tucked in completely. Shirt colors are based on grade level, each level having its own respective color and must be worn by all students in that grade.
SKIRTS: Skirts must be worn at a modest length. Skirts may NOT be altered to make them shorter. Stockings, tights, or socks reflecting an appropriate style must be worn at all times by ladies wearing skirts.
SHOES: All students must wear uniform shoes. Shoes must be worn properly and laces must be tied.
SWEATSHIRTS: Only CK sweatshirts (without hoods) and the blue CK fleece are permitted to be worn. No hooded sweatshirts may be worn over the school shirt during the school day. All other sweaters, sweatshirts, and jackets are prohibited.
PANTS: Pants must be worn at the waist with a belt. The hem or bottom of the pants legs must extend no further than the top of the shoe. No oversized pants are permitted. Pants are fitted by the vendor and may NOT be altered to make them tighter or “form fitting.” If the uniform is altered without prior approval from school officials, parents will be required to purchase a new one from the vendor.
Flynn & O’Hara and Da-Bar Too Shoes are the authorized
uniform vendors for Christ the King High School.
Items must be purchased from these companies.
The vendor will supply appropriate sized clothes.
Uniforms are measured to fit comfortably and may not be altered
- Hair must be neat and well groomed. Sculptured hair designs are not acceptable.
- Hair dyed an unnatural color is not permitted.
- Facial hair is not permitted.
- Male students’ hair must be above the shirt collar and must be closely cropped.
- Male students may not have a ponytail.
- No facial piercings are permitted.
- Earrings may not measure more than 1 inch in size.
HATS: No hats, caps, headbands, or other head coverings may be worn on
school property before or after school.
Students and parents cannot debate the decision
PENALTIES FOR DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS
- Students who violate the dress code may be given detention or sent home. A student sent home will be marked as absent from school.
- Repeated infractions will result in detention and/or suspension and further disciplinary actions.