Course Selection Process
Course Selection Process and Timeline
No student will be allowed access to register for next year’s classes
unless the registration fee ($420) for the 2020-2021 school year is paid in full, as well as, all tuition for 2019-2020
- Download a copy of the Curriculum Guide from the school’s website.
Go to www.ctkny.org
Click on High School.
Click on the Academics icon
Click on Curriculum guide.
- Read through the various course offerings in which you are interested.
- During this time period discuss your options and choices with your parents/guardian, teachers, counselors and other students who are currently enrolled in these courses.
- Pay close attention to “prerequisites.” Even though you might want to take a certain course, you might not be eligible to, because you don’t meet the prerequisite/requirements for that course.
March 23/24 CURRICULUM AWARENESS DAY – SESSION 1
- In their English class, the students in Grades 9, 10 and 11 will have presentations, by the Guidance Department, explaining the course selection process and the students’ options.
April 6/7 CURRICULUM AWARENESS DAY – SESSION 2
- The Guidance Department will visit the 9th, 10th and 11th grade English classes and ascertain the elective courses, including alternates, the student would like to take in September.
April 20 COURSE SELECTION DAY – PART I
- You will receive a Course Selection Sheet and a copy of your present transcript. Take this sheet with you from one class to another and have your subject teacher initial in the appropriate space.
- The following courses do not need a teacher’s signature or approval. Simply write in the course title and
Level one (I) Foreign Language Class
0075 – Faith & Film AND 2050 – America through Media are “linked” courses. You must take both courses.
7011 – Intermediate Computer Science
7026 – Technology/Business AND 7042 – Introduction to CyberSecurity are “linked” courses. You must take both courses.
- Any students interested in taking a Computer Science Course other than the 3 listed above, must have the approval of Mr. Jans.
- No teacher other than the student’s present Art, Music, Dance or Theatre Arts teacher is to sign a student
into one of these courses. If a student is not currently taking one of these courses and would like to, the
students must see the following teachers:
All Art courses – Mr. Campbell/Mrs. Grummert
All Dance courses – Mr. Campbell
All Music courses – Mrs. Arzberger
All Theatre Arts courses – Ms. Cariola
- BRING HOME THE COMPLETED COURSE SELECTION SHEET AND HAVE IT SIGNED BY YOUR PARENT/GUARDIAN. MAKE SURE TO HAVE THE SHEET WITH YOU ACCORDING TO THE SCHEDULE BELOW.
April 21/23/24 COURSE SELECTION DAY – PART II
Students will meet during their Social Studies class in the computer labs according to the following schedule.
Students are to bring with them the SIGNED Course Selection Sheet to the Computer Lab:
- Tuesday, April 21 JUNIORS
- Thursday, April 23 SOPHOMORES
- Friday, April 24 FRESHMEN