St. John's Univeristy College Advantage Program
The St. John’s University College Advantage Program provides an opportunity to qualifying high school students to earn 6 college credits.
Christ the King students must meet the following criteria to be accepted into the program:
- The student must be enrolled in one or more of the following college level courses for the 2020 - 2021 school year:
College Spanish, College Italian, College ASL, AP Calculus
- In addition to enrollment in the college level classes listed above, students are also required to meet the following requirements listed below:
- 80% average in the 5 academic subjects (English, Math, Social Studies, Science and Foreign Language)
- A combined Math and Critical Reading SAT score of 1000 or an ACT score of 21
- 85% average in the 5 academic subjects (English, Math, Social Studies, Science and Foreign Language)
- A combined Math and Critical Reading SAT score of 1000 (or 1000 on PSAT) or an ACT score of 21
- Qualifying CK students must also agree to register for boththe Fall and Spring Semesters.
St. John's University College Advantage Program benefits:
- Qualifying students earn St. John’s credit at the DEEPLY DISCOUNTED TUITION of $325 per course / per semester.
- Qualifying students receive a ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT for all courses taken as part of College Advantage.
- Participating students who ENROLL AT ST. JOHN’S the semester after high school will qualify for the $2,000 COLLEGE ADVANTAGE GRANT. The grant is renewable for up to four years of continuous, full-time study at St. John’s University.
- The program may help REDUCE LONG-TERM COLLEGE EDUCATION COSTS, as well as serve as an assessment of a student’s ability to handle college level class work.
- Credit is often TRANSFERABLE to other institutions.
Qualifying students will receive additional registration information and instructions from their subject teacher.