St. John's Univeristy College Advantage Program
St. John’s University provides qualifies juniors and seniors the opportunity to enroll in college credit courses while currently enrolled in high school through its “College Advantage Program” for a nominal fee.
The following courses offered at Christ the King for the 2018-19 school year may be taken for St. John’s credit: College Italian and College Spanish.
Students who enroll in a course and who then attend St. John’s University the fall semester after high school graduation not only receive the credit and grade but also a $2000 grant each year of the four years they are enrolled in the University.
- 80% average in the 5 academic subjects (English, Math, Social Studies, Science and Foreign Language)
- A combined Math and Critical Reading SAT score of 1000 or an ACT score of 21
- 85% average in the 5 academic subjects (English, Math, Social Studies, Science and Foreign Language)
- A combined Math and Critical Reading SAT score of 1000 (or 1000 on PSAT) or an QACT score of 21
Beginning with the fall semester, all schools will participate in the online process for registration and payment.
- The link for the online registration process will be given to students who qualify for this program, as set forth by St. Johns University, by their teacher
- Information on payment will be communicated to the student online
- The window for registration by the student will be open from January 9th to February 6th
- An online welcome email will be sent to each student’s self reported email address . This will provide the student with their St. John’s ID# and information on how to pay online, by phone or by mail.
- Payments must be made by close of business on February 13th . Please note, student’s failure to remit payment by this date will result in all courses being dropped and registration rescinded. Once dropped from courses, students will not be reinstated.
- Credits are transferable to many other institutions with a “C” or better.